Wednesday 6 January 2010

6 January - Hair I come!

Wednesday

Sitting in my office at home watching the drifting flakes add to the already 12inches deep snow outside, I can’t help but keep rubbing my hands over the dense cap of grey hair I now have. It is not very long and it seems to be a bit curly but it is definitely there and much thicker than before I lost it. Even more exciting…I now have eyelashes and eyebrows, which makes a huge difference to the way I look. I have started to use mascara again.

Also for the first time in nearly seven months I had to shave my legs and pits while on holiday in Spain. I never thought I would welcome the day.

I still use the wig for work and ‘going out’ but at home and among friends I don’t bother.

Even the lymphedema in the arm has settled down so that I only wear the compression sleeve for long hours at the computer and after golf if the arm has swollen a little (which doesn’t happen much.) So that seems to be manageable.

My fingernails are improving. Not sure about the toenails as they have polish on them. Seem OK.

I’m due to see Mr P the surgeon tomorrow for a follow up but I have a feeling I won’t be able to get there as we can’t get the cars out of the drive at the moment let alone down the hill. Also due to see Dr S next week. Hopefully the conditions will be a bit better by then.

So all in all, things are going well. All I have to do now is lose some more weight, get the wedding organised, write the third book, and get my golf game up to a competitive standard again. (It’s getting there – I won the ladies Division 1 medal while we were away in Spain using my Xmas present – a set of duplicate clubs to those I have in UK, which I can leave out in Spain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment